Wednesday 6 July 2016

HTC One E8 bugs



Up until about a week ago, my HTC One E8 dual sim (M8SW - China Unicom) had been working perfectly, albeit only running android 4.4.2 as unknown to me when i bought it, it had been rooted and TWRP/Super SU installed (I assume because I'm in Australia and it's a chinese phone... ebay purchase...)

I'm not entirely sure why, but the battery life is now draining literally about twice as fast, and the google play services app seems to be using up a fair amount of the battery. I've tried a few apps (google services fix etc) to try to amend the problem, and have completely reset the phone, but haven't had any luck.

Just wanted some thoughts as to whether upgrading the phone to Android MM would fix this?

I've attempted to do so, but because my phone is rooted I can't get OTA updates. the other issue I have is that I can't get a copy of the stock recovery (the link provided at http://forum.xda-developers.com/one-...-twrp-t2903210 does not work...) and I believe I need to install the stock recovery to get the OTA updates. I'm not confident enough to try and install a custom rom and I have no issue with HTC 'bloatware'...

very much a rookie, but would appreciate if anyone is able to help as the phone is great and I'd rather not fork out the money for a new one just yet...
thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment