Friday 15 July 2016

How to update from old firmware with Root de la Vega?



I know there are posts about going from 4.3 to 5.0, but I have Root de la Vega installed and I've read a lot of warnings about that method of rooting. I currently have xposed running for apps like adaway. I would like to know if it's safe to use ODIN to just update to 5.0. Or do I need to undo ROOT de la Vega first?(if so, how?) ideally I would want to go to the latest stock firmware with root access and also the ability to change firmware if I want a custom one. (i'm not sure if stock firmware has issues with switching to custom)

My other questions are: does it matter if i flip the KNOX bit anymore since my warranty expired? Does anyone even care If I plan on reselling my phone? Does the KNOX bit stops you from doing anything anymore?

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment