Thursday 21 July 2016

Help! NO OS installed/Need help flashing stock ROM to soft(?)-bricked S6 SM-G290F



So yesterday i done a pretty stupid thing of restarting my phone after I hid my SU binary using hide my root. This left what i think was a soft-brick as it was stuck on the samsung animation. I then stupidly enough got confused with my TWRP recovery menu and ended up wiping out my OS, leaving only the TWRP recovery on the phone. I then decided to download a 6.1.1 stock rom for my SM-G920F. When i tried flashing however, somehow ODIN froze and i made another stupid mistake of restarting my phone from download mode which resulted in the phone being froze on a screen saying " an error has occurred while updating the device software use the emergency recovery function s6 " cant provide an image as this is my first post, but please google the error message if you wish to see it

So i panicked thinking my phone was dead completely and surrendered, but today i managed to hook it up to TWRP and flashed the recovery. Now when i bootup i can access download mode and it boots straight to recovery. To make matters worse I began trying to download the original rom i recieved when i got the phone, however when i try flashing i get errors such as " SW rev, Check Fail: 'x' binary 'y' device "
(x and y vary for each stock rom i tried flashing.)

I have no way of finding out my firmware, bootloader info or anything. Is there ANY fix to this? I've made a huge mess of everything and I'm now desperate. Please, any advice would be a god-send. Thank you for withstanding this crappy post, I'm kind of a noob at xda. :(



No comments:

Post a Comment