Sunday 3 July 2016

GT N-7000 entered into a bootloop from a CM Security update



I have a Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000. It was giving me some problems with processor speed for sometime. Whenever I was wanting to do a slightly heavy work (e.g. clearing cache, cleaning junk on CM Security etc), it was going into a reboot. Thereafter, I zeroed in on the problem with CM security where it was doing rest everything correctly and was saying that there was too much junk on my phone (which was surprising cos it was scheduled for junk cleaning every alternate day) but as I was 'cleaning junk', it used to restart the phone.
Subsequent to this, i tried to go to app manager and tried to clear cache for heavier apps thinking it might b the reason for it slowing down but even before it could calculate cache and data allocation, it was restarting the phone.
When i tried to uninstall CM Security, it used to trigger the restart again.
Finally, I updated the CM Security to the latest version and as I did that, the phone went into an endless boot loop. Since then I have tried to recover it from the recovery mode through wipe cache partition but no joy. Had rooted the phone about 2 yrs back but I can't find the C-ROM. Can anyone help with the resolution of problem without the data loss from the phone?



No comments:

Post a Comment