Tuesday 26 July 2016

Getting Lollipop on an Fire HD 6 (4th gen)



Hi everyone, I'm trying to get lollipop, or something similar to it working on my new fire tablet.

I've already rooted with kingroot, blocked some amazon stuff, loaded nova launcher onto it.

Now I'm trying to replace fireos altogether.

I've been trying to follow this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire...gapps-t3163950
With 101 - Automatic installation under Windows !!!, since that seems like the easiest approach however:

1. Save the necessary Lollipop bootloaders zip into /sdcard/gscript on Fire HD, this will get you back into Lollipop

What are the "necessary lollipop bootloaders zip"? The guide is competely vague on what this is and I haven't been able to find any clear indications.

Sorry if this seems remedial, I'm new to android hacking.



No comments:

Post a Comment