Saturday 16 July 2016

Can someone tell me why doesn't my boot animation work?



As far as I can tell, it has all the right bits. 24 PNG files numbered in sequence, desc.txt in the right format, and ZIP file is set to "STORE", uncompressed. It's just 24 frames from a "starfield" animation I screen capped from LIghtspeed the screensaver, converted to PNG, rotated 90 degrees so it's portrait, and that's it.

I put the file in the /system/media subdir (renamed original to bootanimationold.zip) but the system didn't boot with it. It did the default "shadows over Android" bootanim instead. (the original bootanim was 6.0 default "dots" animation)

It's probably something simple, but it's 2AM and I can't think. If y'all spot my stupidity first, please enlighten me.














Attached Files






File Type: zip bootanimation.zip -
[Click for QR Code]
(5.41 MB)







No comments:

Post a Comment