Monday 18 July 2016

Can't make calls and send messagesa after porting ROM



Hello everyone,

I have been porting MTK ROMs for quite a while. Not long ago I came up on a ROM on XDA. It's a S5 themed ROM for Micromax A116. The links is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/micr...-1006-t2999766
I'm using a Chinese phone of an unknown brand called POMP. The model is Pomp W88A. It has the same Android version as the ROM from the description (Jelly Bean 4.2.2.). Porting wasn't a problem. But after booting the phone, I cannot use the Phone and Messaging apps. I can open them, but the moment I try to make a call or try to enter the type message option, I get a message: Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped. And after that, I get a notification that New sim card has been detected. Note that my phone is Single sim, while the ROM from the provided link is for Micromax A116, which is a Dual sim phone. Then I tried using the Phone and Messagin apks from my original phone's ROM, but that didn't fix the problem either. Same annoying message: Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped. I compared the build.prop files from my stock ROM and PORT ROM, but couldn't find what could be causing the issues. I'm pretty sure it must be something with the build.prop, because I ported that same ROM on my other Chinese phone Star Q9000 (which is a dual sim) and everything was working like a charm. Anyone who could help me solve this? I like touchwiz UI and would be very pleased to use this ROM (since it also includes a lot of cool features). Currently, I'm using a ported AOSP ROM from a dual sim phone aswell, but this one works perfectly.



No comments:

Post a Comment