Monday 18 July 2016

A question about recoveries, bootloader, and ROM Brewing



Please dont take this post seriously (I really appreciate people who like to help out a lot, but I just need elementary with what an I supposed to start with :) )

(In this case LG Optimus L4II (E440) )

So, lets say, I want to:

1. unlock bootloader (because if i try to flash anything, and succeed, I will get security errors);
2. port/create a recovery (CWM or TWRP);
3. create a ROM from source (I have LGE440 source code, but i want to ex. create a PAC-man, or Cyanogenmod from source :P )

What I think i know what I need:

1. Android SDK
2. ADB (I used it before, but never to unlock a bootloader or stuff like that (Only to delete the unlock pattern on ZTE V790 :\ (With cyanogenmod 11))
3. Approx. 100GB of space for source code (thats what I Heard at least)

What I know about the device:

1. it is MTK device (Mediatek MT6575)
2. Currently, no custom ROMs, recoveries, and unlocks of BL so far
3. There is LBLCWM, and one mod for it (its based of the stock ROM 4.1.2)

So I am asking for, what else will I need, and do I need to port to one version by one (4.1.2 > 4.2.2 > 4.3.2 > 4.4.2) , or can I just jump over few versions (4.1.2 >> 4.4.2)

:)



No comments:

Post a Comment