Wednesday 27 July 2016

Can I use Google Voice without data?



I have two phones, both on ringplus. I run hangouts on both and use my google voice (GV) number to send text to my family and friends. This generally works so it doesn’t matter which phone I’m on, everything goes through my GV #.

Sometimes I find myself in areas that doesn’t have 3G service or sometimes I turn off my cellular data to extend my battery life. Unfortunately this means that any sms I send can’t use GV which requires data. In these events, I have to preface my texts with who I am (because they don’t recognize my ringplus number) and I wind up with a ton of separate conversations. It’s a mess.

If possible, I’d like a way to use my GV # without using data. Maybe somehow set up my phones so that even though they have their own ringplus #, texts would appear to come from my GV #.

Or maybe have some type of man in the middle setup, so my texts would arrive and then be sent out using my GV # and vice versa.



No comments:

Post a Comment