Friday 15 July 2016

Can anyone give me the steps to going from a Fire 5th Gen with 5.1.4 to having CM?



Hi all

I've just bought a Fire Tablet on Amazon day with the intention of rooting it and installing CM, but I am a newbie and there's so much information on here it's kind of overwhelming, and most of it has a lot of "if this, then that, or if you want to use that, do this" type guides, which for someones who doesn't really know what all the different methods and options are is really confusing!

So can someone please tell me the step by step process for doing it?

From what I've read I think I have to downgrade to 5.1.2 of the OS as I can't root on 5.1.4? Is that correct?

So do I have to root before I do that? Or do I downgrade first and then root, and then install the CM?

If someone can list each of the steps I need to take to get it from a fresh new 5th Gen Fire 7 to having all the Amazon rubbish off and having it running CM, then I can look for the guides for each step!

Thanks, I hope that makes sense!

:angel: :)

PS: I've already bricked one by trying to downgrade to 5.1.1 because that wasn't apparent until it was too late, replacement on its way!



No comments:

Post a Comment