Friday 15 July 2016

Battery Life Problem?



Hi there,

I'm both new to this forum and new to ZUK.
My name is Pascal, I'm 23 and I currently live in Germania.

I received my Z2 Pro on Monday and was shocked to see, that contrary to what is said about the battery life of this phone on the internet, be it reviews or user posts in forums, reddit, etc. my battery right off the bat.
I don't know if this is a hardware or software problem with my device, but while people tend to get 5h+ screen on time, I just sit here watching my phone drain 2% in idle. Not touching it, not doing anything.
You can imagine what that means, when I start a game and I'm on really low display brightness too, also no mobile data involved.
Over night the phone drains a whopping 18%, which is not acceptable, not for me personally and not for this phone: I know something must be fishy, Zuk hasn't that much history, but in the history it made it proved to make great handsets with superb battery life.

The phone is factory new, but the support told me that's nothing out of the ordinary with that battery drain, as it is really powerful hardware, but that's not what the internet says (about the battery) and certainly strong hardware doesn't mean, at all, idle battery drain of 2-3% an hour...What nonsense. No response at all would be more competent than this explanation...
I don't game much (yes, I know Pokémon Go is out and I REALLY would play it, but for that I need to fix my battery problem), I don't even do much with the phone, just surf the web, chat, talk (phones still do that, who would've thought) and occasionally watch a video, but mostly I just read.

I lurked this forum for years and as I try to find/fix my problem since Wednesday, but to no avail until now, I decided to sign up and test the finesse and know how xda proved to me time and time again with great apps and roms on myself.
I'm sorry that my first post here is such negative ranting, but I'm at my wits end and just want to be able to enjoy my ZUK and the battery life you all happy owners have.
I hope somebody can help me here.
If it's more comfortable I'm also available on some Messaging App.
Also speak German and Polish.

Thank you, if you made it this far and thank you in advance for your attention and help.
You will be paid in honest gratitude and, if you want, internet friendship.



No comments:

Post a Comment