Friday 15 July 2016

Came across an awesome bible app



I'm a new believer. I was looking for a great bible app to start studying bible. But there are just tons of bible apps in the play store. I didn't know which one to choose.

So I installed several of them. There is one I came across that really stunned me. The app is called Bible. Its icon is purple. Not girly purple though. It's developed by iDailybread.org. Its easy to use. I don't have to think when I use it. Just...everything is on the table. I look at it and just know how to use.

Being easy to use is just one thing that makes me like it. It's how useful it is that made me stick to it. As a new believer, I didn't know much about how to read the bible, like in what order, like how much I should read in a day, etc.. This app offers a verse for a day and there were a lot of other info on the verse, like a hand-picked image, thoughts and prayer on the verse, a devotional on the verse. All these materials help me go deep into the bible.

There is another section in the app - Devotion, where I could find multiple sources of devotionals. I like devotionals on Our Daily Journey, by pastor Rick Warren, pastor Billy Graham, and on another website which I can't recall now.

Reading plans is also a big feature in that app. I think they have more than 100 reading plans, each on a specific topic. I could go to those plans when I'm in a crisis or when I need to renew myself.

Apart from what I said, does anybody know other Christian materials that could help me with bible study? I'm wondering if there are websites offering Christian videos, audios or bible stories. Also, I'm thinking maybe I can use some bible study tools like commentaries or notes. But have no idea where I could get them. Hope someone could give me a clue.

If you are, like me, a new believer, you may start here. If you are an old believer, I bet you could find something useful too.
Search "Bible Verse" in Google Play and you'll see this app. Hope you all like it.



No comments:

Post a Comment