Monday 4 July 2016

Anybody think this developer edition screen will work?



So I have had a Nexus 6 with a broken LCD sitting in a drawer for a while because screen prices (in addition to Motorola repair options) are much more than I would like, in addition to the phone running a custom ROM with an unlocked bootloader. So today I decided to look on ebay and screen prices are still pretty high, except this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Motorola...XCR70#viTabs_0

Looks like this guy got his hands on one of those prototype LCD assemblies. I'm not sure who would part out and sell one of these but, here it is. I was wondering if this was worth a try or if I should just leave it dead in my drawer. The dude doesn't seem to know what he is selling but, mentions the ribbon cable is a bit short. If anyone can guide me on this, I would appreciate it.

EDIT: Meant to say Prototype rather than Developer, my apologies. If a mod wants to come through and fix the title, that would be great.

Thanks, TriguyRN



No comments:

Post a Comment