Wednesday 20 July 2016

ZE500CL Can't boot TWRP/Recovery, Can't factory reset



Picked one of the 2e's up cheap. Check your Walmarts, it's on clearance for .

Followed the Root instructions. No problem there.
Followed the bootloader unlock instructions. It seemed to work but my splash screen didn't change.
Went to install the Russianbear Rom. That left me with a blackscreen and nothing else.
From there, I managed to get into TWRP and flash the Stock ASUS ZE500CL Rom. That went in fine and the phone is 100% functional.

But now, I can't boot into recovery or even access TWRP. If I Power+Vol +, to where it gives the option of Recovery/Reboot/Power etc, Recovery just brings me back to the same menu. I reflashed TWRP on through ADB. Still no go.
I rerooted and installed TWRP manager to attempt to reflash just brings me back to that same menu.

I wanted to reset it to stock again with the ZE500CL rom, or if possible, test a different rom for ****s and giggles. Just to see what flavors are out there.

Any input into how to get TWRP or another flasher working would be appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment