Thursday 21 July 2016

Xperia X Performance (F8132) Accelerometer failure & Screen Auto-rotate irresponsive



Hi All,

I got an issue bothering me since I bought Xperia X Perfomance (F8132) Mid June.
The auto rotate function failed after a while but everything goes fine after reboot.
When I use "Xperia Service Menu" -> "Service Tests" -> "Accelerometer",
all X,Y,Z are zero and the ball just sticks and freezes at mid.

I bought from Taiwan and I can find 15 more people having the same symptom with me on 2 forums
( http://mobile01.com and http://gamer.com.tw ).
Hence I don't think it's only me and it's a common issue or common yield problem for Xperia X Perfomance.

I posts here because I'd like to find more people with the same issue and raise the attention of SONY in order to find the root cause (i guess it's either over-heat causes this or accelerometer yield issue) and give a patch.

Now I'm using a APP "Rotation Control" to workaround this, but all photos cannot records correct orientation data and no auto-rotate is kinda inconvenient.

For a flag-ship and high-priced cellphone for SONY this year, it is very disappointing to me. :crying:



No comments:

Post a Comment