Thursday 21 July 2016

What's the deal with the OP3s generally poor reception? 4G LTE, WiFi, GPS etc.



I notice that OP3 generally performs poorer when it comes to reception when compared against my family's other devices the OnePlus One and LG G Flex 2. They are all on the same T-Mobile family plan, and the use the same home WiFi, but the OP3 is clearly the weakest of the bunch. 4G LTE and WiFi download speeds are generally a little lower compared to the other two phones, on today's test 4G LTE upload speeds were drastically worse.

A simple side by side GPS test also showed poorer performance.

Is this typical of metal phones in general, or is something clearly at fault with the OP3?

I haven't had any real show stopping issues that would make me want to return the phone, but I've been putting this phone through its paces with Pokémon Go, and it's been a pretty annoying experience thus far..

Edit: Below is a comparison of the LG G Flex 2 and OnePlus 3 using the GPS Test app. 13/20 satellites is usually as high as I've seen the OP3 go with any consistency, it's usually lower than that, whereas the LG G Flex 2 easily picks up almost all of the satellites in view. Feel free to share your own screenshots!!



Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk



No comments:

Post a Comment