Thursday 21 July 2016

using TWRP to downgrade -> recovering old backups



Hello everyone!
First post by me here :)

I'm trying to be as cleas as possible.

Device: Honor 6 L04
current Firmware: B820
extras: none (no TWRP, no root, no mods)

Aim: getting back my fully configured B521 as TWRP nandroid backup.

I succeeded in flashing TWRP, but when I tried to recover my old B521 Backup I softbricked it. Using fastboot I was able to flash back B820 but that's it..I'm stuck and I worked on it for almost a complete day.
I might have overlooked something...not sure...even tried to flash the stock recovery after a recovered my B521 backup but still...no luck.
Tools used: SRK tool, multitool, adb, fastboot, coffee (lots)

I also tried the official rollback to be try to recover the TWRP nandroid backup. That sadly got stuck at 5% (seen some unanswered threads here in the forum concerning that particular problem). Or does the rollback package take longer than 20 minutes to get past the 5% mark?

I'd concider myself to have some kind of dangerous half-knowledge but I am not at all offended if you treat me like a noob...sometimes even a professional finds out that he just forgot to put the plug in. ;)

Please help..I am getting desperate here. ;)
Anyway..thanks to everyone who read through my ramblings. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment