Tuesday 26 July 2016

Unlocking Moto E Bootloader Question



Hi All,

I bought a new phone (that supposedly was unlocked, but apparently isn't) that has a lot of bloatware on it. I'd like to remove all that and start fresh. It's a Motorola Moto E (2nd Generation) 4G LTE. I've been using this XDA video for help. At about minute 2:40, the video's author suggests going to Motorola's website in order to see if the device can be unlocked. I went to that website, put in my phone's code, and then got a message that says your device does not qualify for bootloader unlocking. I got to the bottom of the page, click that I would like to receive an unlock code by pressing "accept," but no blue button appears, so I cannot get that unlock code that is used later in the video tutorial. (I've tried with different browsers, checked spam, and so forth).

Can anybody point me to directions on how to get an unlock code without using the Motorola website? Thanks so much for reading and considering this. It's really appreciated.

Mark



No comments:

Post a Comment