Thursday 21 July 2016

Two USB Questions: MTP and Daydream



I've been using the Moto G4 Plus for about a week now, and it's working well for me. Some of my questions I've been able to answer via usage or research, but there are two minor ones that I'm curious about:
  1. Under the "Developer options" settings, I have the "Select USB Configuration" option set to "MTP "Media Transfer Protocol". However, when I connect to my PC via USB, I get a notification "USB for charging", and I have to open that and select that and change the setting to "Use USB for FIle Transfers". Is there a way to have MTP (vs. charging) default when connecting the cable?

  2. I use the Daydream option when charging and docked. In those cases, Daydream runs for a while, but after a period of time the screen goes completely blank. Is there a display setting to keep Daydream running as long as I'm connected to the charger or dock?

Thanks in advance for any insight that anyone may have.



No comments:

Post a Comment