Thursday 21 July 2016

Suddenly Bluetooth Wakelock?



Hey Guys,

for about a week now I am experiencing a huge battery drain which seems to be caused by Bluetooth (bluedroid_timer).

I got my OP3 since release and never turned off Bluetooth, was activated all day long without any issue and no battery drain. Then suddenly last week I noticed that my battery life went down way faster than before (it was almost 2 days before, then suddenly only about 20hrs if at all).
I checked recently installed apps but none caused that drain. Checking gsam + wakelock detector both say bluedroid_timer keeps the phone awake and is draining battery. As soon as I turn off bluetooth the battery life returns to normal, so for now I just keep it off which is of course not a real solution as I need bluetooth while driving or at home for music...

Was reading through a lot of threads and it seems to be a well known issue, but couldnt find a solution yet.

What I tried so far:
- uninstall all recent apps
- delete system + dalvic cache in recovery
- delete bluetooth data / removed all existing bluetooth connections
- some other stuff that didnt work...

Anyone knows a fix for this? I would love to prevent doing a fresh flash (or factory reset) and starting from scratch...


Thanks a lot!!



No comments:

Post a Comment