Tuesday 26 July 2016

Soft Bricked HTC One S (S3) on Hboot 2.09.0001 - S-On (VilleC2 PVT SHIP)



Hello,

First time poster so please be gentle. (I am somewhat noobish when it comes to remembering terms and whatnot)

I've gotten myself into quiet a pickle here. I ran a successful RUU on my handset (ofc with SuperCID as well as S-off, unlocked bootloader and root) and had the time of my life. I was back to stock! A day later I wanted to update you see but got the "variant system detected" problem. Considering that I was still S-off and SuperCID'd I instead decided to change my CID (yes, that wasnt very smart) instead of just going S-on and then updating (I'm also not too familiar with OTA so yeah....). I had 2 RUU's on my desktop (the current one i used was for ICS a.k.a 4.0.4 Asia WWE Telkomsel whereas the other one i was planning to use was Vodafone UK JB), Me being the idiot I was clicked on the Vodafone one, searched up the CID for Vodafone UK (VODAP001) and rewrote the CID.
I then proceeded to S-On so i could get OTA updates working finally and again being the idiot I am ran the Vodafone RUU.

This cleared all my data and wiped the OS clear off my phone.

So now im stuck with:

VilleC2 PVT Ship S-On
Hboot -2.09.0001
Radio-16.05.20.16_M2
OpenDSP-v05.6.0.2226.00.0418
eMMC-boot

as well as a CID for Vodafone UK (VODAP001)

And here I am now. (sorry about the storytelling)

I have tried 2 roms so far which are:

- mcOneS3_1_0_0_DeODEX (yes i know, my Hboot wasn't right. Tried it anyways)
- BackToBasics_V3

Neither worked and I've been searching the web for more roms as well as an RUU that can match all my details (which is very unlikely).

I've also been trying to search for [ROM][DISCONTINUED][S3][18 FEB] TrickDroid 6.0.0 and was wondering if anyone had a copy lying around that they could provide since Trickdroid for the S3 has been discontinued:crying:. If someone could provide me that, I would be extremely grateful. Also any advice is great too.

Thanks~ :)



No comments:

Post a Comment