Saturday 16 July 2016

SM-T815C vs. SM-T815 upgrading to MM



I have a SIM free SM-T815C (Hong Kong) running stock Lollipop, and I want upgrade to MM. But the Hong Kong region still doesn't have an updated firmware. However, there are several Europeans SIM Free stock MM firmwares already available for the SM-T815.

Does anyone know the difference between my SM-T815C and a SM-T815? Maybe LTE bands and other regional nomenclature, but the hardware is certainly exactly the same. So I would think a SIM FREE (non-carrier specific) SM-T815C ROM should work fine on my SM-T815. I just worry Ill fry my new S2 Tab instantly..

In the past on my original Galaxy Tab 7 (sigh.. the best Tab ever..), I remember getting a stock German ROM with Gingerbread update that installed perfectly.. and that's how I used the Tab for almost 2 years. Still have it, still works.. just the battery lasts about 10 minutes now, haha :)



No comments:

Post a Comment