Wednesday 6 July 2016

S5 top bar random presses!



Got my phone more than a year ago. Had some issues with the damn camera in the first place so I took it to the shop and it was replaced. Then the screen flicker, took them 3 visits for them to finally decide to change the screen. All these were covered by my warranty of course.


Got the marshmallow update around 2 weeks ago and I noticed the phone has been acting weird. Don't know exactly how to put this.

SKIP TO QUESTION
For example if I go to the camera mode and tried changing it from front to back camera or vice versa, I can't until I remove the battery and restart again. It feels like there is a permanent press on the icon you need to change this.

Coincidentally, the position of this icon also lies at the same spot of the whatsapp call icon. So my whatsapp makes random calls to friends.

In short the top part of the screen is randomly clicking itself (don't know if to call it that). I can't swipe downwards on the notification panel without S health opening up too.

Tried formatting the phone but that didn't work. I will probably give it another go and stick with lollipop but I think it is an hardware issue. Anybody else having this problem?

Would have taken it back to the shop but warranty expired few months back.



No comments:

Post a Comment