Wednesday 20 July 2016

S2 GT-i9100 - TWRP flash unsucessfull (Heimdall)- can't identify reason



Hello!
First of all, I'm not a native speaker so let me know if there is something that is not clearly stated / confusing.
I got a little problem with my phone and was unable to find a solution to my problem in this forum or anywhere else so I just registered moments ago :)
My phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100, running freshly flashed stock ROM (android 4.1.2 , stock recovery)

*HISTORY*
I tried to flash a custom recovery and after soft-bricking it I flashed a "stock ROM" from Samsung which I found on the internet and everything works perfectly again.
However, this shouldn't be of any relevancy to the following problem(s).

*WHAT I WANT*
I want to install the latest snapshot build of Cyanogenmod 12.1 (I would choose CM13 but there are only nightly builds and I don't want that).
As I'm new to all of this I followed manuals which told me to install the custom recovery "TWRP".
To do so I followed this manual: https: //twrp.me/devices/samsunggalaxys2i9100. html
and used "twrp-3.0.2-1-i9100.img"

*THE PROBLEMS*
After Heimdall tells me that everything was successfully flashed (noreboot is set) I turned the phone off and restarted it straight to recovery mode.
Instead of booting the TWRP custom recovery which I just flashed the android stock recovery was booted.
QUESTION 1: Does anyone have an idea why that happens?

As far as I know there is just a 'vestigial' recovery partition on the i9100.
Apparently 'isorec' offers a way to make it available for my custom recovery so that TWRP does not get overwritten by the recovery
which is part of the CyanogenMod (which I'm going to install later on). Is that correct?
QUESTION 2: Is there anything I need to do to make isorec work which is not covered by the manual I use?

Apparently the system partition is too small for CyanogenMod13 + GoogleApps (but I want to use both later on).
QUESTION3: How can I repartition, how much space will I need and how do I do it? Do I have to do it before I flash recovery or before I flash the CM12.1 ROM?
So far I found several really unspecific tutorials and now I'm afraid to brick the phone.


Looking forward to any advice, thanks a lot! :)
blackdaw



No comments:

Post a Comment