Monday 18 July 2016

Rk918 v1.30 board.. Rk3188 device.. help.. bricked.. need stock firmware!!



Hello everyone,

I recently aquired an android box thats similar looking to the cs918 boxes. Exactly the same outter shell, but apparantly different guts. I opened up the box and noted that it said the board was an rk918 v1.30 board. Im unsure of any firmware that would work with this device. All the other writing on the chips are too small to read.

I flashed cs918 firmware on the device and when i reboot it remains blank. However i can still get into bootloader mode to flash new firmware. So i think im only soft bricked. I just need proper firmware.

I dont know much about the device as it was given to me. And the back only has an 8 gb sticker on it. Its most likely a clone of something. But im bricked.

Can anyone shed some light on my situation?

When i get home i can snap a shot of the board if that would help, however i doubt youll be able to read anything on any of the chips.

Maybe i flashed it wrong? I downloaded a cs918/k-r42 compatable firmware seeing it looked exactly like the one i have and had the same specs with rkbatchtool 1.8.. did a lower format. Didnt make a backup or anything. Its an rk3188 device. Was r.box 3188 gtx or soemthing in the about system.

Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!!!

Mike



No comments:

Post a Comment