Saturday 2 July 2016

Really need help with T-Mobile LG G5 gps problems.



So I have stock unlocked and rooted Tmobile LG G5 and my GPS is ridiculously way off unless I'm using and connected to wifi (which really makes it useless).
I thought it was a hardware issue since it takes anywhere from 5 minutes to an HOUR to get a solid lock. Tried other apps to find location, Google maps is my main, snapchat can't find a lock Facebook, waze. The list goes on. I'll have full 4g LTE signal with a perfect connection. Even at my home on the 3rd story of my house, the GPS put me a few miles away literally in the middle of the river. It's astonishingly bad how terrible the "lock" is. When it is locked and I'm driving, it'll say "searching using gps" for 5 minutes at a time before briefly finding a lock and showing me sliding through people's yards a block away.

Now I thought this was a hardware issue.
But.
Here's the kicker.
Using the hidden lg g5 dialer menu to open to gnss 2.0? Gps testing option finds a lock as quickly as 3 seconds and the GPS lock will last as long as gps is activated on the phone.
So if I restart my phone or get tired of the minute battery drain I have to open the menu, run the test, and go through the same song and dance.
Now if the hardware is able to find a lock so quickly and easily, it leads me to believe that turning gps on in the settings doesn't actually turn the GPS on? Like the directive isn't reaching the hardware? I really need some help with this if someone wouldn't mind.. I just can't seem to figure this one out.



No comments:

Post a Comment