Tuesday 12 July 2016

Questions on Unlocked htc 10 being used on verizon ( not full verizon conversion )



Does anyone know what this letter C like deal is between my wifi symbol and my call signal ? I was going to ask dottat big D but it seems we have lost him to the forum. He will be missed he was always a good contributing member and a good friend to many of us including myself. He will not easily be replaced and he will be missed. Best of luck to you D a lot of us appreciated everything you did for us.

Now on what I have going on, mine is an unlocked htc 10 s-off unlocked, verizon picks it up as a verizon htc 10 for reasons we are not supposed to discuss on here, so what was done is flashed the verizon htc 10 radio and such as Dottat has on his thread, but what I think is going on is mine is picking the verizon signal up as roaming which it is not, so my problem is in the phone itself and not in my verizon service. The reason why I have it set up to be picked up as a verizon 10 is because I run it on total wireless prepaid which is a month unl talk & text with 5 gigs of verizon data throttled to 5 mbps down and two up. If it was on a post paid account then I could activate the sim in another phone and put in this unlocked 10 and it would work fine registered as an unlocked 10, but for total wireless if you activate the sim in another phone and put it in the unlocked 10 you will only get 3g data I think its this way for all verizon mvno the only exception would be verizon prepaid.

So here is what I have tried I"am running viper10 2.2.0 the first time in viper set up while flashing I selected the phone as unlocked 10 which is where I"am back to because I tried flashing again and selecting the phone as verizon 10 and it was working great problem fixed until I find out camera wont work it turns on then right back off so I tried uninstalling the htc 10 camera app then clear cashe and reboot and re install it from the play store and same deal open the camera app and it closes immediately, then flashed viper again going back to selecting phone as unlocked 10 during rom flash, and camera works great again. I really do not want to convert to a verizon 10 as I like my updates from htc directly and not from douche bag verizon lol. Anyone know this issue ? I do not need to convert to verizon 10 as prepaid does not use Volte so converting is worthless and of no benefit. I dont know if the issue is firmware related but wouldnt you think the unlocked 10 and verizon 10 would use the same software for the camera ? It makes no sense. I guess for the time being I wont have a camera and if I cant find a camera fix I will wait it out for the new nexus 5.5 inch screen phone expected to be due out in a month or two. Anyone have any clue on a camera fix ? Because as unlocked 10 flashed viper10 it works great except the camera wont work at all ?



No comments:

Post a Comment