Friday 15 July 2016

Questions about installing downgraded custom rom



Hi guys, I'm new to installing custom roms. I've been reading for countless hours on the process before I attempt to install one. Here's where I'm at.

Phone: Verizon HTC One m8
1) Used Sunshine to get unlocked bootloader & S-OFF
2) I downloaded all OTA updates
3) Then flashed TWRP 3.0.2.0 and rooted with superSU
4) I immediately made a nandroid backup using TWRP

My phone's current state is working fine on stock rom.
Android 6.0
Sense 7.0

Here's my getvar all output:

Quote:









(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.19.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.14.20.0930
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 6.21.605.3
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: XXXXXXXXX
(bootloader) imei: XXXXXXXXXX
(bootloader) imei2: Not Support
(bootloader) meid: XXXXXXXXXX
(bootloader) product: m8_wlv
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974
(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B20000
(bootloader) cidnum: VZW__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: 205bdca3
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0




I want to install Android Revolution HD
I downloaded Android Revolution HD 53.1 which is Marshmallow (Android 6.0.0 + HTC Sense 7.0) according to their site.

I made one attempt to install that rom but it didn't work. Here's what I did:
1) Copied the rom zip to my sdcard
2) Entered recovery (TWRP)
3) Performed a Wipe in TWRP (default wipe settings)
4) Clicked Install, selected the Android Revolution zip.

The install screen came up, I went through the dialog and selected which apps I wanted to be installed in ARHD, and the install went through and eventually said Success. I rebooted the phone and was stuck in bootloop. So I restored to my nandroid backup and haven't tried again since.

I have read and re-read their instructions and am still not sure what I'm missing. Any help is greatly appreciated, and if you need any info just let me know. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment