Sunday 3 July 2016

[Q] Encryption unsuccessful on LG G3 D855 Stock Android 6 Marshmallow



Hi!

I got some major problems with my G3. I was on stock Android 6 (rooted). Worked fine for some months. Then I decided to encrypt the phone and activated this option in the normal android settings. After some time the phone restarted and I got the "Encryption unsucccessful" page and cannot do anything anymore.

After reading through the help forums I tried the following steps to solve it:
- factory reset
- wipe eveything in twrp and flashed system, boot, modem manually to Android 6 again
- repaired all filesystem partitions in twrp
- many many more factory resets

All didn't help. The only thing that changed is that when coming to the "Encryption unsucccessful" page now the phone hangs up after the next option I choose (shut down or restart or factory reset) so I have to take out the battery to restart or shut down.

Any suggestions how to solve it and maybe also any suggestions what might have gone wrong? Don't want to kill the next phone the same way by just enabling encryption!?



No comments:

Post a Comment