Monday 18 July 2016

Problems charging watch when switched off - overheating



Hi!
I bought my Sony Smartwatch 3 about two months ago. I've always updated the watch and now I'm on the latest build MWD49B.
I don't know precisely when the problem started, but for sure also before updating to the latest build it already showed it.

Basically if the watch is turned off it won't charge and it'll overheat a lot. I mean it maybe charges at an absurd rate, like from 60% to 100% in about 4 hours.
I tried changing charger (1A and 2A) and charging cable, but it doesn't change. It's like stuck in some way. The funny thing is that when it is stuck in this state if I turn it on (with the same chargers and cables) it starts charging fast (normal charging times) and funny enough it gets colder than when it's turned off charging (I mean slightly hot but colder than when it's stuck).

Do any of you has this problem?
Could it be a SW problem too or just HW? I haven't tried to reset it yet, but would rather lose time in resetting it and reinstalling all my stuff than losing time in the RMA process and waiting time to have it repaired, even because thinking of running without it makes me feel already mad! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment