Wednesday 27 July 2016

power button becoming unresponsive



Recently the power button on my fire phone has become more and more unresponsive. Right now I can still get it to register, but I have to press it very hard and hold for usually 30 seconds or more before it responds.

I have installed an app for "touch turn off" from the home screen to avoid using the power button, but this can be inconvenient, since I always have to exit whatever app I'm using and go to the homescreen if I want to turn off the screen. I am also concerned since it seems the power button needs to be pressed in order to do specific things like reboot shut down, etc.

has anyone else's power button become unresponsive with time. This is clearly a hardware defect and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for best how to take care of it. would the device need to be sent back to amazon to be fixed? I am overseas right now which makes that more difficult.

appreciate your feedback on how best to fix this.



No comments:

Post a Comment