Monday 4 July 2016

Possible to support FM through universal zip flash?



I was thinking about this, but as I have no PC, I can't test it.

Is it possible to make a universal flash, much like the SuperSU flash zip (which installs SuperSU and superuser binary) that installs an FM radio app, like NextRadio, and the proper files to override carrier-disabled FM Chips? I know it is a long shot, but here is what I think of this:

Problems:
1) not every phone has an FM chip. Would this not brick a phone without one?
2) carriers disable features on the kernel level. Is it even possible to override this without having an unlocked bootloader (like me)?
3) even providing that the chips could be re-enabled, would they even work? It is possible that carriers might actually modify or even remove the chips and make duds.

Again, this is theoretical. I have been trying to find a way to do this without a PC for years, but have found nothing. Any help in making such a zip deserves a great cheer, for I cannot even unlock my bootloader (my phone has no bootloader or fastboot mode), and can't find any vulnerabilities as I have no PC.

Again. Thank you for your time,
Xzanah



No comments:

Post a Comment