Saturday 16 July 2016

Ok.... I'm very confused:ZE551KL with 6.0.1 (MM)



Please forgive my stupidity - I'm a longtime Samsung Android user and this Fastboot/adb process is all new to me. Last time I used that was with Original TMOBILE Mototola G1!!

So, this is what I have: I had my device ( ZE551KL ) on LP, Bootloader unlocked with TWRP and rooted. 'Cause I first unlocked the Bootloader with the official ASUS app.
Then I installed the OTA ASUS MM version, but according to everyone, once one install the OTA upgrade, it relocks the Bootloader, correct? How can I test this??

This afternoon I put device in Fastboot mode and did a "fastboot boot twrp-3.0.4.img" and it worked!!!
It boot into TWRP and am busy making a backup now.

My Question: if my bootloader is still locked, how could I boot TWRP?
Can I try and 'Fastboot flash recovery twrp....' and will this work or am I going to brick the device?

Ideas? ( well, rather experienced advice, please)- as I would hate to brick my device.

The TWRP backup I am currently making - is that any good/helpful to anyone that can help us getting this device properly unlocked and rooted?

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment