Monday 18 July 2016

Nexus 6P: Strange notification behavior observations



I have had the Nexus 6P for about 1.5 months now. I am running Pure Nexus, and I use LightFlow to control notifications.

I've noticed strange notification behavior with this phone in general. Here they are listed.

1. On a clean reboot, notifications will work normally...for about a day or so. After some time (I don't know exactly when or how), notifications randomly stop. They only come through after turning the screen on or entering the respective app, such as a calendar app. An example is as follows: I noticed that I didn't get calendar notifications for 2 events; as soon as I opened the calendar app, they fired. This behavior happens on all my Nexus devices: a Nexus 5X, 6P and 9.
2. The notification LED does not work in call. In order to make it work, you have to enter the notification light settings and turn on the option to "Enable notification light when screen is on".
3. If music is playing or if you are doing something like Google Navigation, the notification sound will not work, but the vibration/notification LED will. Once exiting that app, it will work again. What is strange is that it "sounds" like the notification sound should play, because the music or Google Navigation will duck out...but no notification sound comes through.

Has anyone else seen this kind of behavior? Any thoughts on how to fix?



No comments:

Post a Comment