Saturday 16 July 2016

Need help! My Redmi Note 3 just blew up...



So, I bought a XIAOMI Redmi Note 3 a couple of days ago. Yesterday I was charging it with the original charger and cable and noticed that the device was getting really hot (almost impossible to hold in hand kind of hot). So I plugged it out of the charger and after 1 or 2 minutes the device started inflating, popping the back of the phone and catching on fire ( :confused: ) . I immediately put it in a bucket and let the fire go out and noticed that the battery had become 3 or 4 times bigger than its original size. The phone is now probably ruined as many of its parts are completely burned. Do you think I can replace it with a new one? Since the warranty lasts for 2 years from what I've read.


Note that I had unlocked the bootloader (with the official way), and also flashed a custom recovery as well as a root and a custom rom. I know that unlocking the bootloader and flashing root doesn't void the warranty but flsahing a custom rom does, but since the phone probably doesn't even turn on, do you think I have a chance to get a replacement?



No comments:

Post a Comment