Saturday 16 July 2016

My tale of woe (looking for xt1644 stock rom)



I just got my xt1644 (G4 Plus, US version) yesterday and was trying to get root.

I got through successfully:
1) Unlocking bootloader.
2) Flashing TWRP.
3) Flashing the boot.img from the Root-motog4-athena-xt1641-xt1643.zip file (maybe a mistake, but read on).
4) Flashing SuperSU.

So then, I HAD root, but no WiFi. Seemingly others had this problem, so I added the ro.securestorage.support=false to the build.prop.

Nope. Still no WiFi. So I tried to change the build.prop BACK by deleting that line. Then, on the next boot, it stays in the "Your bootloader is unlocked" screen and does not boot to system.

I DO have bootloader access, and TWRP still works.

So, if anyone has:
1) A stock build.prop for the xt1644, or
2) New ideas, or
3) Access to the stock rom for the xt1644, which I cannot fiind,

PLEASE let me know.

Thanks!

J



No comments:

Post a Comment