Friday 15 July 2016

Marshmellow troubles after update, phone is now paper weight



Hey guys

I have a Galaxy s6, model number SM-G920W8 (Canadian series). I have had it for about a year and a half with absolutely no problems, worked great. I upgraded from lollipop to Marshmellow 6.01 and it essentially became a paper weight. It will now randomly freeze or restart constantly throughout the day making it pretty much unusable.

I can consistently get it into ODIN download mode, hold power/volDown to restart, and get into the reset options...thankfully. I have tried a few things to fix it with no luck. I have tried putting images on with the same model number but the only one that has worked is one that had 6.01 on it so not an improvement (still have the freezing and restart issues).

What I am asking for is help in going down "the dark path" ... rooting my phone, making a recovery partition, new image .....stuff like that because I have gotten very frustrated with this phone so far and am willing to stray pretty far away from the "standard" firmware if it means I will have a stable phone again.

The stupidest thing is that it worked fine until the update and instead of improving my phone, the update made it unusable.

Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment