Tuesday 26 July 2016

J700m connection sharing. Connects to devices , but wont pass traffic. *Fix w/root...



Posted back in January before J700m had a forum. See original post, my solution and feel free to give a better solution, I have no problems connecting to Win. PC, but still not able to connect to Pads, phones or any Android devices.

Original post......Long
Suggested by admin to post here.........I have a J700m 5.1.1 lollypop, Baseband J700MUBU1AOL2, Kernel 3.10.61-919542, build LMY48BJ700MUBU1AOL2, SE for Android Enforcing SEPF_SMJ700M_5.1.1_0043, KNOX 2.4 ........, and am trying to use it as a hotspot and/or USB tether to access internet. All devices connect to phone/router....DHCP on router/phone work fine,,,assign DNS, IP, Gateway .... all looks good. Phone will surf without problems, but will not pass traffic as a router to internet. Tried setting up as static connection, rebuilt APN, New SIM, Factory reset, etc.. talked to local Telco(Pine Cellular in S.E. Oklahoma). Swap SIM to old phone and all is fine.Pine is a GSM provider with no restrictions. I can ping phones internal IP 192.168.1.14, but nothing outside of phone using it as a router(8.8.8.8 as DNS)....Phone will pass all traffic to and from handset(phone surfs fine) just not through gateway. I am out of ideas except 2... could it be trying to pass all traffic through VPN that does not exist/ not set up or needed..or something like wlan=disabled.....or something like that? Hope this makes sense because I don't want to downgrade phones and they do not have a clue...Samsung is horrible, even second tier support . It acts like a firewall on the phone or similar is blocking all traffic when used as a router to internet....wifi hotspot, USB tether nothing works. Tried installing FoxFi...same. One of the Techs thinks it is firmware issue because I was told "the phone is from the Mexican market and I am in US". I thought about rooting and flashing a new rom, but it is a new phone so by, by warranty.... I have 2 of these, mine and my wives. I have rooted, bricked and repaired my old XCover so I have just enough knowledge to be dangerous.
+++++++++++++More info++++++++++++ my reply to answer from Android Central member who thought it was blocked by provider.
........I thought the same thing( telco blocking tether)...spent hours on the phone with techs. The company is small and has only 3 techs. I can swap my sim card to my old phone, daughters phone and a old Moto Blur and all work perfect... One thing I noticed when using USB tether on a win7 machine it connects ...DHCP assigns IP, DNS...etc and I get a balloon in the lower right corner of PC " additional login may be needed, click to open browser.." as if I was at a hotel or something... I contacted the CEO and was told there is no blocking of connection sharing.

What I have done.... WORK AROUND
Rooted Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700M Android Lollipop 5.1.1 with CF-Auto-Root using ODIN software. Here is the link to root guide with links to all needed downloads. http://www.recovery-mode.com/root/ho...pop-5-1-1.html

I then used Trev_E Mod to tether using WiFi from phone to PC. Here is a link to Mod and guide, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1988735
It works great with all my computers but, Android devices do not see it???:confused: My provider gave double data when I renewed contract, 2 phones 15G each = 30G I can't see not using it.

I hope this helps someone else or if there is another fix I would love to try it. Thanks to all.



No comments:

Post a Comment