Wednesday 27 July 2016

Issues with Rooting/installing Custom ROM



Hello,

I have browsed XDA for some time now(S4 launch), but this is the first time I have not been able to get my problem solved without posting directly.
As such, I'm not quite sure if this is the correct place to post this and I sincerely apologize if I am in the wrong here.

Specs:
Android Version 5.0.2.
Baseband Version G925VVRU1AOE2
Kernal Version 3.10.61 Dated May 12, 2015
Hardware G925V.04
KNOX 2.4



The biggest issue is ping pong root not working for my device. I think if I can get this to work, my issues would be solved.
-Yes, it is in the supported devices section
-- I have searched [ROOT] PingPongRoot ***S6 & S6 Edge Root Tool*** Android 5.0.2 OC3/OE2 Only!!! extensively for this specific issue to no avail
--- I follow all steps and still get "device not supported, stay tuned"
---- using the search function within the thread, I looked for anything relating to G925VVRU1AOE2 and also tried a number of tricks that weren't build specific.
----- I have flashed G925VVZW1AOC3 and rooted with ping pong root with no issues. Flashing AOE2 back on gives the same error I had before.
------ Once upon a time I rooted with ping pong root on AOE2... This was shortly after it was supported.


My ultimate goal is to install a custom ROM. I was thinking Extreme Syndicate V8
For this, I need to be rooted on AOE2 via ping pong root.. Like I mentioned before, AOC3 root works fine and I have no issues with using that, except I need AOE2 + flashfire for this ROM.
I have never installed a custom ROM before, but I would like to start. If this ROM is a bad choice, I am open to suggestions. The extreme debloat is what drew me here.


All that said and done, I'll provide a little more in depth history.

I mentioned I originally rooted AOE2 with ping pong root in the past.
Shortly after that I was using XMODGAMES and somehow ended up downloading KINGROOT. Not sure what it did to my device but I could never uninstall kingroot completely. It would reinstall on reboot even after uninstalling with kingroot.
Eventually I came across SuperSUme and used that to successfully remove kingroot and switch over to SuperSU.

All was well and good (on my Stock AOE2 ROM)

About 2 days ago my google services framework crashed. I was able to identify Google+ not syncing properly as the cause... However I could not locate a fix. Through my tinkering I lost the google play store. So I decided to just do a full factory reset, hoping it would be simpler than trying to fix the issues I was having.

That brings us to today. I have so far flashed AOE2 - > AOC3 -> AOE2, with around 5 hard resets in between.
I figured I could just use kingroot to get rooted, then SuperSUme to get back to SuperSU and that should allow me to use flashfire.
WRONG. SuperSUme never asks for root permission(or kingroot automatically blocks it idk). So SuperSUme doesn't work. I tried this with kingroot 4.9, then 4.1 and I think 4.5 (not exactly sure what the last one was)
I looked for a more complex rooting method since it appears the one touch ones weren't going to get the job done, but couldn't find anything.

If anybody could point me in the right direction to getting rooted with SuperSU, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.



No comments:

Post a Comment