Saturday 30 July 2016

Is the screen genuinely flat at the edges?

I've recently bought an S7 after upgrading from an S5, which I loved but was worn out. Naturally I assumed the S7 would be a massive improvement so bought it online (a mistake). But for me it's not that much of an improvement.

It is better in a few ways but there are so many issues (unbelievable fragility, no auto redial, unexpected lag, smaller status bar display, pointlessly limited always on display) so I'm getting rid and looking at OP3.

All that said the biggest issue I have with the S7 is the unnecessary curved edges to the screen (it's not an Edge) which allows reflections to affect the viewable area of the sides of the screen. It eats up to 2-3mm from either side. Worse still though is because of this curved edge no aftermarket companies are able to create tempered glass screen protectors that will fit the whole screen (100% coverage). You can get 90% coverage glass protectors but they again eat into visible area of the screen. You can buy "100% coverage glass protectors" but none fit properly, and I've tried plenty.

This is madness. And frustrating for anyone who wants to protect their screen. I have a scratch on my screen already because no protectors will fit.

So, my question is does the OP3 have a genuinely flat screen? And one that screen protectors will give 100% coverage? My S5 did, the S6 screen had a tiny edge curve, the S7 though is too far for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment