Tuesday 12 July 2016

HTC One M9 Post-Root Bootloop



DISCLAIMER: I'm completely new to Rooting devices.

My phone is an HTC One M9 running Marshmallow 6.0.1 on Telus.

I attempted to root my device recently to try and solve an unrelated issue that factory reset could not, which is no longer important.

I followed this guide and got all the way up to "Power off your device. Now, to boot into recovery mode.", which I can get into TWRP no problem. However, I cannot push "SuperSU" as it comes up as "device not found"(ADB drivers not installed? Though I got this far somehow). I thought this wasn't a big problem and I could install it later.

Now I'm stuck in infinite boot. The HTC logo shows up, and after a bit it changes and does the animation into the logo for the HTC One. Then it's stuck like this(bootloop?), the longest I've tried being 40 minutes. I can do a fake battery removal and then access the "download" bootloader, regular bootloader, and the recovery (TWRP) no problem still.

If I manage to get SuperSU installed will this solve my problem? Or are they separate issues? Can I flash another image to at least go back to "stock"?

I no longer have any idea what to do. Any and all help or suggestions are appreciated and I'll provide whatever information I can manage.



No comments:

Post a Comment