Wednesday 27 July 2016

HotSpot Fix...requires root



Just got my S7 and I'm on PE1...started on PF2, but had trouble rooting...not sure if it was because it was midnight when I started or I missed a few steps. The process went much better this morning.

Anyway, when I did ##DATA#, hit edit, typed in MSL, APN settings, APN2 LTE internet, my APN type was also grayed out. However, @Soooperstar sent me the hiddenmenu folder with the apk and odex. This may only work on Sprint ROMs and not the U version (feel free to try though).

Get a root explorer and go to system>app . Copy the hiddenmenu folder to someplace on your internal or external storage. Take the contents of the attached Zip and copy them into the system hidden folder. It should replace the old hiddenmenu.apk and oat folder. Permissions should be set correctly. If not, the hiddenmenu.apk and oat>arm64>hiddenmenu.odex should be rw-r-r . The directories should be drwxr-xr-x. But they should be fine if you copy and replace/merge.

Reboot phone

Go to phone app, and type ##DATA# (##3282#). hit Edit, type in MSL, APN settings, APN2 LTE internet, APN type....you should be able to now edit those and add the < ,dun >. You'll have to do it for both. Then go to settings>Hotspot and Tethering> and turn it on.

Someone test this method. 1 of 2 things caused my hotspot to work...I think it was this though. I just received my phone yesterday and it shipped with PE1 and my hotspot didn't work before this and asked me if I wanted a subscription.

Here is the link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_0...ew?usp=sharing



No comments:

Post a Comment