Wednesday 20 July 2016

Help with recovering my HDX 7 (not bricked...yet)



Hi,

I followed the wrong instructions to root my HDX 7. I hope there is a way to undo my idiotic mistakes.
I have a HDX 7" with Fire OS 4.5.2 rooted with KingRoot. Flashify installed.

I followed [Root] OS 4, 5.0.n and Install Lollipop & Gapps ("Newbie Friendly") to root my kindle, but I only got to step A.
When I followed [How To] Install TWRP on OS 4.5.3 and Boot Recovery (newbie friendly) to try to install TWRP, I couldn't get it to boot in TWRP recovery, it would be stuck in the grey logo forever. I could still boot OS though.

Apparently the instructions are not meant for my device but for HD 6 and 7, but I only realized I was following the wrong thread after the problem occurred.
I am not sure how serious the problem is. I hope you guys can help me fix the problem.

Thank you very much!



No comments:

Post a Comment