Sunday 3 July 2016

HELP! Soft bricked S-ON re-locked bootloader with no system or recovery partitions!



Hi, I am having some serious issues with my HTC One M9 and am wondering if anyone could lend a hand...

A bit of background
Originally, I set out on the task to update to the latest CyanogenMod version, but was having trouble as none of the nightly releases were installing (I was using TWRP and was constantly getting error messages). After much research, I found some instructions to unroot my phone, reinstall the stock image, and then download the OTA update. After this, it said that I would be able to install the latest CyanogenMod build. I went to the HTC ROM download support forum and downloaded the HTC One M9 version 3.35.617.12 ROM, and then proceeded to run the executable. I downloaded the Unlocked/Developer version because I live in Australia and none of options were my carrier (Telstra). This turned out to be a mistake, as after I got half way through the installation, I received the following:

Code:


error 131: customer id error

The main issue was, that the installer already went through the wiping phase, so my system was completely empty!

Where I messed up...
After my system being wiped, I read several forum posts as to why this error was occurring. I was following the instructions on one of the posts, which said to re-lock my boot loader... So, i ran:

Code:


fastboot oem lock

This turned out to be a huge mistake, as not only did it not fix the issue, but I cant even access my recovery partition.

Where I am at now
Currently, I can not access anything on my phone. I only have access to the boot loader (which is locked and is S-ON), as well as download mode. I tried to unlock the boot loader again with:

Code:


fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

but after completing the steps and rebooting, the phone is still in a re-locked state. I tried to flash twrp back onto the recovery partition, or the stock ROM extracted from the RUU executable, but I would constantly get one of the two errors:

Code:


FAILED (status read failed (Unknown error))
FAILED (data transfer failure (Too many links))


So, I have a soft bricked phone that is S-ON, has a re-locked boot loader, and has no system or recovery partitions. All of the data was backed up, so I am literally open to anything to get it to a working state again.

Extra info about the phone

Code:


htc_himauhl PVT S-ON
LK-1.0.0.0000
RADIO-01.04_U11440601_71.02.50709G_F
OpenDSP-v29.2.6-00492-M8994_0702
OS-2.9.81.5
Sep 30 2015,12:34:35(573756)

cid: TELST001


Thank you anyone who can lend a hand :)
- Alex



No comments:

Post a Comment