Tuesday 26 July 2016

Help! Screen popping out



I have always had my N6 in a basic spigen case, but noticed that one side is higher to the edge of the case than the other, I always thought it was the case. But the other day I looked a bit deeper and found that the screen is coming away from the body in the bottom right all the way up to the side buttons.
It is coming away from the thin black bezel as opposed to the coloured middle body. I first thought that maybe the LiPo was swelling and pushing it out (as it feels like it is forcing out as you can push it back down but springs straight back up again) so I took the back cover off and checked, the battery looks fine with no obvious puffyness.

So before I pull it fully apart to get at the screen:
How is the screen attached to that thin black bezel? Or, how is the screen adhered in place?

I have watched a few screen replacement videos but once they detach the screen from the middle body obviously they don't explain any further. I am hoping that the screen is adhered like the back panel so I can just clean and re-stick with new double sided tape.



No comments:

Post a Comment