Monday 18 July 2016

HELP - Restoring backups to a new custom rom



I have been scouring the internet for over 2 hours, and I can't seem to find anyone who has done something similar to this, so here goes:
I currently have a Nexus 6P with the Pure Nexus Project Rom installed. I would like to switch to CyanogenMod. Normally, this would be no problem, however I am running into some difficulties with backups. Ideally, I would just do a NANDroid backup from TWRP, but I don't have enough space on my device. Right now I am running a full ADB backup to my computer, but in this instance I don't know if I'll be able to restore that backup to a new CyanogenMod installation.

TL;DR: Will an ADB backup restore to a new custom rom i.e. restore to CM from PureNexus? If not, is there a way to do a NANDroid backup directly to my computer?



No comments:

Post a Comment