Saturday 16 July 2016

[Help Request] OS wiped



Dear community,

About a year after i really wanted to root my htc one mini 2, i decided I wanted to factory reset my phone.
So after this year I forgot everything i knew, and managed to wipe the whole OS...

I would really appreciate any hints that might help me to fix my phone again.

Info on where i'm standing with the problem:

1. I tried to find my stock ROM on this site and couldn't because under "firmware" i can only find 2.18.161.2, though mine is 2.18.166.1 - does this matter? It's the vodafone one, and they even have a nandroid backup for my version, but not the stock firmware.

2. I have TWRP installed, and the site tells me i need to have my bootloader locked to flash stock roms. I have no problem relocking or unlocking it, but in the relocked state, i can not access TWRP recovery and use the sideload feature to flash the rom. The phone always goes back to the bootloader screen and the title says " **security warning** ".

3. i would really like to get my phone back as close to it's stock state as possible.
I am kind of afraid of flashing the available stock firmware, as I don't know how to proceed from there without TWRP.


I read a lot about this topic, but i'm kind of loosing it right now...
Can some kind soul lend me their wisdom and help me out?
Would be much appreciated :)

mfG Montor



No comments:

Post a Comment