Thursday 21 July 2016

Help on Root Acces on Slimkat rom



Hi all, I'm new on this forum and have an issue related to SlimKat rom (i don't no if its a bug or a glitch)

I used my Galaxy S2 i9100 to root using Odin (version 4.0.3) and its a great phone but some apps i want or have for more options
requires 4.4 or higher so wanted to update/install a new rom and make some backups before using Titanium Backup.

After rooting, all was succeed, got root acces, Superuser, CWM.
Further CWM was version 6.0.1.2 and needed 6.0.4.5 or better for kitkat compability to instal slimkat.
after a few days of searching, my phone did nothing and fixed it with re-installing cwm and let it work and all.

Finally I got the rom working after 3 days of searching and trying.

After a successfull installation Slimkat rom, TWRP was installed or overwitten instead of CWM (I dont know why).

Everything goes fast and smooth (still need to test the apps compabilities of 4.4 and 1 app has a new icon which was not there in 4.0).
So I hope it will work just fine so Im happy on that part.

Now when I want to start Titanium Backup it did not got root acces, i got to developer -> root acces -> apps enabled / apps and ADB enabled)

So I did and got Error:

ERROR:
Sorry, could not obtain root privileges. This app will *not* work!
Please check if your ROM is rooted and try again.

This attempt was made using the command / system / bin / su.


So enable root acces did not work (bug or glitch) so its unabe to use the backup restore on most apps where I make
a backup from it. (so I find for solutions on the web)

on Slimroms they say, go to recovery mode, wipe data/factory reset, reinstall the rom and try again.
same issue, do it once or twice and send a bug report, but if its not a bug, its hours of waste for them, so I ask
friendly here if anyone know how to regain root acces or if the problem is in the kernel.

I used Kernel Siyah to root my galaxy S2 and with CWM, after the rom it become
the Kernel of biftor@ubuntu #1 that came with TWRP.

If anyone can help me out to regain root acces, i would be happy, if not, than I restart everything else and regain the things
I lost by backing up with Titanium Backup.

Regards TigerLover



No comments:

Post a Comment