Tuesday 26 July 2016

Help improve Verizon compatibility



The OP3 does work on Verizon, however there are some "issues" that can probably be easily fixed by someone who knows what they're doing (aka not me).

So far I can confirm 1X/3G (eHRPD) works. I have to enable data roaming for data to work, but I can make/receive calls, sms, mms, and cellular data.

I've also been able to force a connection to LTE by placing the phone into "LTE Only mode". However, when I do this sms, mms and calls don't work (only data works).

For some reason the phone defaults to 3G rather than 4G even though it can use both.

3G/4G data, sms, mms and calling are working, they just aren't working together.

I have done a lot of testing on ,apns and build.prop edits but I have not made any progress.
My personal theory is that the phone is defaulting to using a US Cellular APN which then attaches to Verizon's network as a roaming partner.

I really need some help from the community to get this thing working right. Any help would be much appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment