Thursday 21 July 2016

help : cwm to twrp + guidance



Hi everyone,
as I just got a new Z3 compact after a while with a company iphone, i wanted to get rid of all bloatware and use a stock rom right away. I have had some previous experience with android rooting/flashing but this was a while ago and I must admit I may be a bit more out of depth than i thought.

I figured I needed to root first, to be able to get a recovery mode working, to be able to flash new roms (or so I think is the way to go).

Forum posts led me to this method which I sucessfully did.
Also it seemed from this post that downgrading firmware was essential.

My Z3C now runs 4.4 1285-6521_23.0.1.2.105, and I have access to CWM 6.0.4.7

But now, I realise that most roms (or at least the 6.0.1 stock SLiMM which I think I want?) actually require TWRP - and fails to install with CWM (zip install finishes in a few seconds - with no changes).

I've tried to install TWRP manager from the play store and install it from there but the install yields an error. I guess because of CWM presence? The files for a flashing it manually are missing from their official website.
I've looked around for tutorials on how to install TWRP over CWM but couldn't find a clear way.

So I'm wondering what are my next steps.

Should I install another kernel to be able to run TWRP, like this one?
But do I have to flash the corresponding firmware first?
And should I use the Advanced_Stock_Kernel_Z3C_MM_6.0.1_23.5.A.0.570 download if my phone needs 23.5.A.0.575 - Unbranded - CE1 [Central Europe] (1288-7915) (I'm in France)??

Lastly, will I need to restore the DRM keys and at which point?

You might have noticed I'm confused now ⁀⊙﹏☉⁀
Any help is appreciated ! (> ^_^ )>
Thanks !



No comments:

Post a Comment